With every pool there comes maintenance.
Deep End Pools can come and service your pool on a weekly basis so you do not have lift a finger just enjoy your pool.
If you do look after your own pool one of the key arts to master is vacuuming your pool.
It is very easy to de-prime your circulation pump if you are not careful.
Follow these simple steps and you should have a clean pool in no time
· Get your pole, vac head and hose poolside
· Isolate the necessary line to which you vacuum through(i.e. Skimmer or Vac Point)
· Connect your vac head to the pole
· Connect the swivel end of the hose to the vacuum head
· Drop the vac head into the pool
· As the hose enters the water systematically push the hose under water to fully clear all air out of the hose
· Now the vac hose is fully primed either connect to your vacuum point or skimmer
· Proceed to vacuum your pool in thoroughly ( I recommend dividing your pool into sections or quarters to make it an easier size to handle)
· Once you are happy with the pools condition disconnect vac hose from the line of suction
· Lift the head, handle and Hose to pool side and disconnect
· Neatly pack away hose for next service
· Return valves to normal operating positions
I always empty the pump basket and backwash the sand filter after vacuuming a pool to ensure the pool is left in tip top condition.